Sunday, March 12, 2023

Gn15 Wescott Mine and Mill Update 06

The Fix


The first thing I did was to chisel away the areas where the rock outcroppings were protruding into the rock cut. I did this until the loco was able to pass through the cut with no issues.

Next, I rubbed my finger across the ties/sleepers to loosen as much of the coarse ballast as I could. I vacuumed up the loose ballast, then I applied a fine ballast to the roadbed. At this scale, the fine ballast resembles dirt. I then let everything dry overnight.


The last step was to dust on a light coating of non-sanded grout to the center of the track with a soft brush. I sealed it in place with a light mist of 91% isopropyl alcohol and water. After the non-sanded grout dried, I vacuumed the roadbed for a final time


Time for a test run to see how it works now.


No comments:

Post a Comment